Please note that this demonstration is currently offline and not available.
This is a demonstration of how the Fractal and Fisheye View can be applied to the Self-Organizing Map (SOM). Fractal View is derived based on the fractal theory by abstracting the displayed objects as well as controlling the amount of information displayed. The Fisheye View is similar to the wide angle fisheye camera. It magnifies objects that are within focus and shrinks distant objects.
- Mouseover the self-organizing map to view the region document titles in the "Focused Document Title" subsection.
- Mouse left-click sets the fractal view focus point.
- Use the "Fractal View Amount of Displayed" scrollbar sets the amount of information to be displayed according to the focus point.
- Mouse right-click sets the fisheye view focus point.
- Using the "Fisheye View Scale" scrollbar to set the degree of magnification.
- Choose the radio button to set the methods of fisheye view transformation (cartesian or polar)