To develop knowledge management techniques for groupware and CSCW systems.
Funding for this research was received from the following sources:
|An Intelligent CSCW Workbench: Analysis, Visualization and Agents|
|University of Illinois/sub-NSF||$678,041|
|"Building the Interspace: Digital Library Infrastructure for a University Engineering Community"|
University of Illinois/sub-DARPA
|"The Interspace Prototype: An Analysis Environment based on Scalable Semantics"|
We wish to acknowledge the contributions of the following institutions and individuals:
Center for the Management of Information (CMI) and Dr. Jay Nunamaker for their support and the use of the GroupSystems session outputs.
- 200 raw Group Systems (GS) electronic meeting comments.
- Automatic Indexing-stop wording and algorithmic index phrase formation
- Concept Space-index phrase co-occurrence information is used to generate an automatic thesaurus for search term suggestion.
- Kohonen Self-Organization Map (SOM) Algorithms-1-D, 2-D, 3-D (VRML) displays for information categorization and visualization.
- Multi-dimensional Scaling-an alternative method to the Kohonen SOM providing information categorization and visualization in 1-D, 2-D, 3-D (VRML) displays.
|Dr. Hsinchun Chenemail@example.com|
- R. Orwig, H. Chen,
D. Vogel, and J. F. Nunamaker
"A Multi-Agent View of Strategic Planning Using Group Support Systems and Artificial Intelligence,"
Group Decision and Negotiation
Volume 5, Pages 37-59, 1996.
- R. E. Orwig, H.
Chen, and J. F. Nunamaker
"A Graphical, Self-Organizing Approach to Classifying Electronic Meeting Output"
Journal of the American Society for Information Science
Volume 48, Number 2, Pages 157-170, February 1997.
- H. Chen, O. Titkova,
R. Orwig, and J. F. Nunamaker
"Information Visualization for Collaborative Computing"
Volume 31, Number 8, Pages 75-82, August, 1998.
- C. Lin, H. Chen
and J.F. Nunamaker
"Verifying the Proximity Hypothesis for Self-organizing Maps,"
in the Proceedings of the 32nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Jan. 1999
- N. C. Romano,
C. Bauer, H. Chen and J. F. Nunamaker
Quantifying Qualitative Data for Electronic Commerce Attitude Assessment and Visualization,
Journal of Management Information Systems, 2000, forthcoming.
For additional information, please contact us.