1) T. J. Holt. Cybercrime Through an Interdisciplinary Lens, Routledge. New York, NY 2017:
- V. Benjamin, S. Samtani, and H. Chen, "Conducting Large-Scale Analyses of Underground Hacker Communities." pp. 56-75.
2) C. Yang, M. C.-L. Chau, J.-H. Wang, and H. Chen. SECURITY INFORMATICS (Annals of Information Systems, Volume 9, Springer, 2010:
- Y.-D. Chen, A. Abbasi, and H. Chen, "Framing Social Movement Identity with Cyber-Artifacts: A Case Study of the International Falun Gong Movement," pp. 1-24.
3) H. Chen and C. Yang, eds. INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY INFORMATICS: TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATIONS, Berlin: Springer, 2008.
- J. Xu and H. Chen, "Understanding the Nexus of Terrorist Web Sites," Chapter 4, pgs. 65-78.
- J.-H. Wang, T.J. Fu, H.-M. Lin, and H. Chen, "Exploring Gray Web Forums: Analysis and Investigation of Forum-Based Communities in Taiwan," Chapter 7, pgs. 121-134.
- S. Kaza and H. Chen, "Suspect Vehicle Identification for Border Safety," Chapter 16, pgs. 305-318.
4) H. Chen, L. Brandt, V. Gregg, R. Traunmüller, Sharon Dawes, Eduard Hovy, Ann Macintosh, and C. Larson, eds. DIGITAL GOVERNMENT: E-GOVERNMENT RESEARCH, CASE STUDIES, AND IMPLEMENTATION, New York, NY: Springer, 2008.
- S. Kaza and H. Chen, "Public Safety Information Sharing: An Ontological Perspective," Chapter 14: pgs. 263-282.
- D. Zeng, H. Chen, and P. Yan, "Infectious Disease Informatics and Syndromic Surveillance," Chapter 26, pgs. 521-560.
- F.-M. Hsu, P. Hu, and H. Chen, "Business-Technology Alignments in e-Government: A Large-Scale Taiwan Government Electronic Record Management Systems Study," Chapter 28, pgs. 585-614.
- P. Zhang, X. Mao, X. Tang, and D. Zeng, "A Hybrid e-Government Model: Case Studies in Shanghai," Chapter 32, pgs. 697-718.
5) H. Chen, T.S. Raghu, R. Ramesh, A. Vinze, and D. Zeng, eds. NATIONAL SECURITY. (Handbooks in Information Systems, Volume 2.) Amsterdam, Boston: Elsevier, 2007.
- D. Zeng, H. Chen, and W. Chang, "Spatio-Temporal Data Analysis in Security Informatics," Chapter 7, pgs. 165-186.
- E. Reid, H. Chen, and J. Xu, "Social Network Analysis for Terrorism Research," Chapter 10, pgs. 243-270.
6) H. Chen, S. Fuller, C. Friedman, and W. Hersh, eds. MEDICAL INFORMATICS: KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND DATA MINING IN BIOMEDICINE. New York, NY: Springer, 2005.
- H. Chen, S. Fuller, C. Friedman, and W. Hersh, "Knowledge Management, Data Mining, and Text Mining in Medical Informatics, Chapter 1, pgs 3-34.
- S. Eggers, Z. Huang, H. Chen, L. Yan, C. Larson, A. Rashid, M. Chau and C. Lin, "Mapping Medical Informatics Research," Chapter 2, pgs. 35-62.
- D. Zeng, H. Chen, C. Lynch, M. Eidson, I. Gotham, "Infectious Disease Informatics and Outbreak Detection," Chapter 13, pgs. 357-395.
- D. McDonald, H. Su, J. Xu, C. Tseng, H. Chen, and G. Leroy, "Gene Pathway Text Mining and Visualization," Chapter 18, pgs. 519-546.
- Z. Huang, H. Su, and H. Chen. "Joint Learning Using Multiple Types of Data and Knowledge," Chapter 21, pgs. 593-624.
7) M. Shaw, B. Blanning, T. Strader, and A. Whinston, eds. HANDBOOK ON ELECTRONIC COMMERCE. Handbook on Electronic Commerce, pages pp. 365-382. Springer, 2000.
- K. Tolle and H. Chen, “Intelligent Software Agents for Electronic Commerce,“ pages 365-382, 2000.
8) S. Harum and M. Twindale. SUCCESSES AND FAILURES OF DIGITAL LIBRARIES. The 35th Annual Clinic on Library Applications of Data Processing. Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2000.
- H. Chen, “Semantic Issues for Digital Libraries,” pgs. 51-60, 2000.
- B. R. Schatz, W. Mischo, T. Cole, A. Bishop, S. Harum, E. Johnson, L. Neumann, H. Chen, and D. Ng, “Federated Search of Scientific Literatures: A Retrospective On the Illinois Digital Library Project,” in Successes and Failures of Digital Libraries, 35th Annual Clinic on Library Applications of Data Processing, Editors: S. Harum and M. Twindale, GSLIS, UIUC, Pages 41-57, 2000.
9) P. Gabriella and F. Crestani, eds. SOFT COMPUTING IN INFORMATION RETRIEVAL: TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATIONS. Physica-Verlag,
- H. Chen, M. Ramsey, and P. Li, “The Java Search Agent Workshop,” pgs. 122-140.
10) G. M. Olson, T. W. Malone, and J. B. Smith. COORDINATION THEORY AND COLLABORATION TECHNOLOGY. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah, NJ, 2000.
- A. Houston and H. Chen, “A Path to Concept-based Information Access: From National Collaboratories to Digital Libraries," Chapter 25, pgs. 739-760.
11) M. Shaw, B. Blanning, T. Strader, and A. Whinston, HANDBOOK ON ELECTRONIC COMMERCE. Berlin: Springer, 2000.
- A.Houston and H. Chen, “Electronic Commerce and Digital Libraries,” Chapter 16, pgs. 339-363.