To develop techniques to support cross-Language Information Retrieval (CLIR) and cross-lingual semantic interoperability.
Funding for this research was received from the following sources:
NSF/CISE/ITO, ITS-9800696. "An Intelligent CSCW Workbench: Personalized Analysis and Visualization," 9/1/98 - 7/31/01. $274,163.
University of Illinois/sub-DARPA, N6001-97-C-8535. "The Interspace Prototype: An Analysis Environment Based on Scalable Semantics," 7/1/97 - 6/30/00. $1,078,991.
We wish to acknowledge the contributions of the following Institutions and individuals:
- Information Retrieval Research Group, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Science and Technology Information Center, National Science Council, Taiwan for the use of its database.
- Science and Technology Abstracts, STIC.
- Arizona Noun Phraser-indexing based on the identification of noun phrases in text.
- Neural Networks
- Japanese/Chinese indexing and retrieval
|Dr. Hsinchun Chenemail@example.com|
- C. Lin and H. Chen. "An Automatic Indexing and Neural Network Approach to Concept Retrieval and Classification of Multilingual (Chinese-English) Documents,"IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Volume 26, Number 1, Pages 1-14, February 1996.
- M. Ramsey, T. Ong, and H. Chen. "Multilingual Input System for the Web - an Open Multimedia Approach of Keyboard and Handwritten Recognition for Chinese and Japanese,"
Proceedings of IEEE Advances in Digital Libraries Conference (ADL '98), Santa Barbara, CA, April 22-24, 1998, Pages 188-195.
- H. Chen. "The Illinois Digital Library Initiative Project: Federating Repositories and Semantic Research."East Meets West: Proceedings of The First Asia Digital Library Workshop, August 6-7, 1998.
- K. Tolle and H. Chen. "Comparing Noun Phrasing Techniques for Use with Medical Digital Library Tools." Journal of the American Society for Information Science. Special Issue on Digital Libraries, Volume 51, Number 3, 2000.
- See the slide presentation on CBizPort by Wingyan Chung
Silhouetted photo of international business meeting courtesy Shutterstock.